In preparation of the weekly Silent Writers’ online writing retreat, below is a list of six prompts to help you get started (seven if you consider that PW.org offers two).
Feel free to use any of these, one of your own, or work on an existing project.
- From PW.org: Fiction and Poetry prompts
- From Writerly Life: A photo prompt, “Naturally Confrontational”
- From Verbal Verbosity: The 100 Words Challenge Prompt
- From me: A photo prompt, “Running in the Cathedral”
- From @Selorian on Twitter: #storystarters
- From Plinky: Quickie questions to ponder
The Silent Writers online writing retreat is open to all writers who want to commit a minimum of one hour to writing. If you’re interested in participating, join us tonight at 9 EST and PST on Twitter or Facebook.
For more information, visit the Silent Writers Collective.