Thank you to Anne Tyler Lord at Don’t Fence Me In for bestowing on me the dubious distinction great honor of Lesa’s Bald Faced Liar “Creative Writer” Blogger Award. I certainly appreciate the award, but my natural cynicism curiosity begs the question, Who’s Lesa, and why is she annoying liars awarding writers? A quick google tells me Lesa is a Library Manager and book reviewer living in Arizona… quite possibly within a few minutes of where I live. Cool coincidence. She started the award on January 22, 2010. Her post can be found here: The Inaugural Lesa’s “Creative Writer” Award.
In accepting the award, there are some rules to follow. This is I hope going to be a fun exercise and a nice little break from the fiction slog. But,
First: The Rules:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you. [Thanks again, Anne!]
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog. [Done]
3. Link to the person who nominated you. [Done]
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth or six outrageous truths and one outrageous lie. [Coming up]
5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies and truths. [Stay tuned]
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate. [Working on it!]
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them. [I’m getting there, I’m getting there]
Second: Lies and/or Truths:
Here’s my list. I’d love to know which ones you think are which. After some comments, I’ll tell you which one is the truth. Or is that a lie?
- I worked as an extra in Woody Allen’s movie Sweet & Lowdown and was called back for a walk-on role in Small Time Crooks.
- I jumped off the back of a moving yacht to save my dog.
- When things were going bad in my marriage, I used to spit in my husband’s dinner before serving it.
- It took me seven and a half hours to run the NYC marathon.
- At 12 years old, I was so superstitious that I was petrified of turning 13.
- Security at a Las Vegas casino detained and questioned me for over an hour on suspicion of cheating.
- I order veal and give it a name whenever I go out to dinner with my vegetarian friends.
Now, it’s time to share the love and award this honor to seven more “Creative Writers.” Sorry, gang, but now’s your time to shine. To accept the award all you have to do is follow the rules.
Third: And the Winners Are:
- Dennis Tafoya at Dennis Tafoya’s Bad Neighborhood
- David G. Shrock at Draco Torre
- Cathy Olliffe at Life on the Muskoka River
- CJ Hodges MacFarlane at Mostly Other Things
- Tim Van Sant at otoh
- Cecilia Dominic at Random Oenophile
- Deborah Szajngarten at DeborahShinegarden.com
Okay, here are some truths … honestly! This took some time to put together, but it really was a lot of fun! Thanks again to Anne Tyler Lord.
5 thoughts on ““Creative Writer” Blogger Award”
I’m laughing out loud! I found your blog looking for a Woody Allen reference but this is hilarious. I’d never contemplated the idea that we can all give out awards. Nice job. (and I’m a fellow Arizonan)
Ha! Love your list – and I’m having trouble deciding which may be true and which may be lies. Very cool – thank you for the award, although I don’t know if I know 7 writers that haven’t already been tagged. Research time.
Oh, now that is a great list. I had a lot of trouble figuring out what is true. But I want to go with the Woody Allen movie until I read the comment above – does that mean you weren’t in the movie? Would have to hunt your blog.
Well, maybe you jumped off the yacht to save your dog?
This is really hard.
Thanks, Olivia! I feel like I’m in really good company with that list! My first award! I’m all, ahem, verklempt!
Thanks (I think). Though everything on my blog (I’mdatingUmaThurman.com) is absolutely true.