Hmm, that’s overstating it. Let me try again. … Every Tuesday at 9 pm, the literary world observes an hour of silence.
No, no. Too much. Here’s what happens … Every Tuesday at 9 pm EST and PST, writers who find it difficult making time to write join together for an hour of silent writing.
The Silent Writers Collective hosts a weekly online silent retreat for all writers who want to commit a minimum of one hour to writing. If you’re interested in participating, join us at 9 EST and PST on Twitter or Facebook.
You can work on your own project or use one of the exercises provided below.
- From PW.org: Fiction and Poetry prompts
- From Writerly Life: A photo prompt, “Moody Dock”
- From Verbal Verbosity: The 100 Words Challenge Prompt
- From me: A photo prompt, “Money”
- From @Selorian on Twitter: #storystarters
- From Plinky: Quickie questions to ponder
If the time doesn’t suit you, choose another time, just one hour and make a commitment to your writing. It’s worth it.
For more information, visit the Silent Writers Collective.