“Let us be silent, that we may hear the whispers of the gods.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
It’s often hard, sometimes it feels impossible, to pull away from the noisy chaos of daily life to make time for the creative life.
The Silent Writers Collective was created in response to that challenge and we meet online every Tuesday at 9 pm EST for an online writing retreat. The retreat is open to all writers, especially those who find it hard to put aside distractions and find the time to write.
You can work on your own project or the writing prompts below will help you get started if you don’t have a project to work on.
- From PW.org: Fiction and Poetry prompts
- From Verbal Verbosity: The 100 Words Challenge Prompt
- From me: A photo prompt, “Joyful Moment”
- From Mama’s Losin’ It: Five Writing Prompts
- From @Selorian on Twitter: #storystarters
- From Plinky: Quickie questions to ponder
The Silent Writers online writing retreat welcomes any writer who wants to commit a minimum of one hour to writing. If you’re interested in participating, join us tonight at 9 EST on Twitter or Facebook.
For more information, visit the Silent Writers Collective.