Every Tuesday at 9 pm EST, writers who find it difficult making time to write join together for an hour of silent writing.
The Silent Writers online writing retreat is open to all writers who want to commit a minimum of one hour to writing. If you’re interested in participating, join us tonight at 9 EST on Twitter or Facebook.
You can work on your own project or use one of the writing exercises below.
- From PW.org:Fiction and Poetry prompts
- From Verbal Verbosity: The 100 Words Challenge Prompt
- From me: A photo prompt, “Bubbling Over”
- From Mama’s Losin’ It: Five Writing Prompts
- From Writer’s Digest: Writing Prompts (10 pages of them!)
- From @Selorian on Twitter:#storystarters
- From Plinky: Quickie questions to ponder
While catching up on my RSS reading this week, I found Keeping Motivated Daily by Elizabeth Spann Craig. The post talks about staying motivated by finding the joy of writing in the writing itself. She shares words of wisdom for all writers, struggling or not.
If you visit Elizabeth’s blog, Mystery Writing is Murder, plan on spending some time. Her posts are filled with great information and useful advice.
For more information on tonight’s retreat, visit the Silent Writers Collective.
One thought on “7 Writing Prompts and Some Motivation”
Thanks for the suggestion of Plinky. I think that’s a pretty neat, easy way to get some writing prompts. Have you heard of oneword.com? It has a neat prompting/ creativity premise as well.