The weekly Silent Writers online writing retreat will be held tonight at 9 pm EST. All writers are invited to participate, but those who find it difficult to put distractions aside and make the time to write will find it especially useful. Writing for a specific and set amount of time on a consistent basis is not only satisfying, it improves skills and helps build a rewarding writing life.
To participate, join in tonight at 9 EST on Twitter or Facebook. You can work on your own project or use one of the writing exercises below.
If you can’t join in, but need a motivation boost to take with you, read 67 Things to Remember When Writing by Cristin Terrill on her blog Incidents & Accidents. She says, it’s a “small checklist of common advice to keep in mind when writing a novel so that you don’t make a total mess of things.” The list is a semi-serious, semi-jokey compilation with an important message at the end.
Now, on to the prompts:
- From PW.org:Fiction and Poetry prompts
- From Verbal Verbosity: The 100 Words Challenge Prompt
- From me: A photo prompt, “Free Realms”
- From Mama’s Losin’ It: Five Writing Prompts
- From @Selorian on Twitter:#storystarters
- From Plinky: Quickie questions to ponder
For more information on tonight’s retreat, visit the Silent Writers Collective.